Immediate Press Release:
Toombs County School System plans to re-open its schools to resume a traditional school model on Friday August 7, 2020. Our system will continue to receive guidance from the Georgia Department of Education, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and our local health department to make plans for safe reopening for staff and students.
Toombs County School System will offer two models of instruction for our students:
Option #1: A traditional model with Face-to-Face instruction. This model will be the traditional brand of schooling with enhanced and comprehensive sanitizing and safety measures. If your choice is for the traditional model of return to school, there is no action to take but to look for Open House information to be released in the coming days. Note: Please refer to the Toombs County Schools Re-Opening Guidelines posted on our website (toombscountyschools.org) for the complete list of guidelines regarding our return to school.
Option #2: A virtual/distance learning model through Google Classroom (for grades K-2) and through Odysseyware (for grades 3-12). If your choice is virtual/distance learning, please follow the instructions listed in the Toombs County Schools Re-Opening Guidelines posted on our website (toombscountyschools.org) for a complete list of measures in place to declare for the virtual/distance learning model.
A couple of things to know regarding virtual learning model of instruction:
· Grades K-2 will receive distance learning instruction uploaded to Google Classroom by Toombs County School System teachers. This will be a combination of virtual classroom lessons thru Google ‘hang-out” and curriculum/instruction uploaded after regular school hours.
· Grades 3-12 will use Odysseyware and Toombs County School System will provide a log-in account for the individual student to work using this fully-online curriculum. Toombs County School System teachers will not provide instruction under this model.
· Home internet connectivity and devices (laptop/chromebook) are a must to be able to use the virtual learning model.
· If parents opt to choose the virtual/distance learning model, a one semester minimum is required to be completed before the student has the option to return to the traditional school model.
· Parents will be required to sign a contract with the school to make sure adequate progress and expectations for the student are met.
For a complete list of the Toombs County Schools Re-opening Guidelines, visit our website at toombscountyschools.org or our social media accounts for provided updates.